Pages

Monday 4 May 2020

Writing Prompt

Here is a story Irene wrote using the picture prompt below.
On a beautiful day I decided to go for a walk with my family. While me and my family walked along the path we saw heaps and heaps of rubbish on the floor, so we went over to it and went to put it in the right bin. Before we started to pick up the rubbish, we could smell something horrible and that was the dirty rubbish bin. 

The reason why it was smelly was because there was food that was wasted and got old and made the horrible smell. I heard two birds singing together on the tree with their nest waiting for their babies hatch. When we went to pick up the rubbish, we saw food on them that was gooey. Then I said that I didn’t want to pick up more rubbish because it was too yucky for me and I didn’t like it.

But then my mum said to me “oh come on you can wash your hands when we get home”. Then I said to my mum “ you are right”. So I started to pick up as much rubbish as I could to make the park clean. When me and my family were done, we went out of the park and looked back and was proud of ourselves for cleaning the park for the kids. Then we went home proud and happy. 

I hope you enjoyed my story. When you see rubbish on the ground please pick it up and put it in the right rubbish bin.

By Irene.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Irene, I did like your story! I liked how you used a lot of descriptive words that added so much detail to your sentences and that related to the picture. You done an awesome job . Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene
    I loved the way you wrote your story using the prompt. I also admire the way in which you experimented with using direct speech in your story.
    Keep writing and you can become an author.
    Mrs Elfrida Raj

    ReplyDelete