Pages

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Our AMAZING art

In Room 9, we have been learning about warm and cool colours. First students had to measure out a 2cm or 3cm grid on a blank piece of A4 paper using  rulers. Once they had their grid, a protractor was carefully used to form a circle. Then they drew a 'Y shape' in the circle and then a trunk below it.  They added branches to their Y and coloured it in black. They coloured the grid within the circle warm colours (red, yellow, orange). Outside of the circle, students used cool colours (green and blue). The green was used to create 'grass' and blue to create the 'sky' This was done in a checkered pattern using light and dark shades. 

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Room 9, my name is Layla and my school is Hokitika Primary School. The trees really stand out with the black trucks, the colorful leaves and with the checkered pattern. Why did you do it , did it just come in your head or did you have a theme of the day ? It reminds me of when I am in the warm house in winter and it is cold outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Maia and I am at Hokitika Primary School. I have just looked at your blog and the art work of the trees are amazing. I did not know what cold and warm colours are but after I read your blog I found out that the warm colours are red, yellow and orange and then I found out that the cold colours are green and blue. The black branches make the trees stand out. The warm colours make me feel excited and the cold colours make me feel happy.
    Happy blogging
    Maia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Amber I go to Hokitika Primary School. I love all of the beautiful, bright colors in the artwork you’ve done. The art was very creative and colorful it makes me feel nice and happy. Now I know a new way of drawing a tree.Keep up the good work.
    Happy blogging, bye.

    ReplyDelete